Join our team of travel experts
JOB TITLE: SURF TRAVEL SALES SUPPORT
DEPARTMENT: SALES & RESERVATIONS
Assisting sales & reservations agents with day-to-day reservation file maintenance and communication with clients via phone and email.
The ideal candidate should have.
- Attention to detail and organized
- Takes accurate and comprehensive notes
- Time management skills
- Strong customer service and social skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls to the proper agent
- Draft correspondence such as emails and letters
- Tech savvy and experience with Microsoft Office applications, Google Sheets, and Gmail
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to book travel, including flights, accommodations, and ground transportation
- Full or part-time
- Must be able to work in an office environment
Previous sales & Amadeus GDS experience is preferred but not a requirement.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing flight details including being able to understand basic flight arrival/departure times, calendars, and schedules, and the ability to understand and communicate with clients the airline’s luggage policies.
- Communicating with clients with reservation details, payment reminders, payment notifications, and End of Day Reports
- Preparing & updating invoices which requires a knowledge of basic accounting and Excel.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Prior experience in hospitality or a sales organization is preferred, ideally in the travel and tourism industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge of the globe and other countries
- A strong desire to provide superior customer service
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to Travel and past travel experience
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as Google (docs, sheets, calendars)
- Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated, and a team player
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi–task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various departments
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Think outside the box.
- Respect the confidentiality of clients’ travel
If you have a strong desire to provide superior customer service, great attention to detail, and a desire to grow within the company we’d love to have the opportunity to meet you. Candidates that have travel experience, the desire to travel, knowledge of surfing and/or other ocean sports plus any certificates for Amadeus airline booking systems are highly encouraged to apply.
Pay based on experience and applicants from the greater Los Angeles, CA area only.
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume today!