Yes, you will need to obtain a US passport before traveling to any of our surf destinations.Â When preparing to book a surf trip please make sure you have a passport or will be obtaining one shortly.Â Routine processing for a US passport currently takes 4-6 weeks, so make sure you consider this before it’s too late.Â There are however, passport expediting services that you can use who have a special relationship with the regional agencies that gives them priority status (passport can be delivered to you in 24 – 48 hours).
- Fill out the DS-11 Form: Application for U.S. passport
- Submit the DS-11 Form in person at an Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency
- Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship (ie) *A certified birth certificate, previously issued U.S. passport, certificate of citizenship, etc.
- Submit a photocopy of the Identification documents
- Pay the Applicable Fee (current passport fees)
- Provide One Passport Photo
For more information visit the U.S. Department of State Travel website.
* Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant’s parent(s).