Offering the most comprehensive surf lessons on the island, the main focus is on the fundamentals of proper paddling and surf stance technique.
Unlike anyone else, our student training begins in flat water. This gives guests a chance to learn how to paddle properly and how to balance on the board without any waves to knock you down.
Once you master this you’re ready for the waves! Mastering these fundamentals are the key behind the success of our surf students!
- Where waves come from
- Wave judgment
- Equipment overview
- Paddling technique
- Popping up
- Proper stance
- Turning around to catch waves
- Turning techniques while surfing
Lesson Package Summary:
- 3 meals daily with non-alcoholic beverages
- Accommodation with tv, wi-fi, dvd, ipod dock, bbq, swimming pool and warm water shower
- Personal instruction (2:1 ratio) and exceptional service from our staff
- Use of beginner board, leash, rashguard, reef booties
- Beginner lineups to work on surf skills in a safe uncrowded environment
- All lessons are 90 minutes long and scheduled around mid-tide (1 lesson per day is included but you can surf as much as you want on your own at lower and higher tides)
- Safety is our #1 priority
- 6 night – 7 day Lesson Packages are $1299 per person
- Extra nights are $160 per person
- lessons not included for extra days
- Airport transfer fees* from Puerto Plata: $30usd, Santiago: $100usd or Santo Domingo: $300usd
- * Airport Transfers are one-way and fees are per vehicle NOT per person
- Come learn surfing technique, get a great workout and experience the DRSURFING lifestyle. Clean, Cool and Comfortable.
Beginner boards are designed for stability and paddling speed. We match each guest with their ideal size beginner board. No “one-size fits all” here. We truly customize your lessons and equipment to maximize your experience.
** lessons offered year round
*** All lessons are subject to change with weather and ocean conditions in order to optimize your DRSURFING experience